Last night I was up at 1am helping a friend look for her rehearsal dinner dress. She didn’t actually ask me to help, but I got too excited and and then didn’t stop texting her dress options from shopbop for days. But it got me thinking, for a bride (like her, and myself) who doesn’t trust wearing white around red wine, (or just doesn’t want to buy another white dress she won’t wear again), what are the options for a rehearsal dinner! The answer – color and/or texture. I personally wore a tight, navy cut out dress that was probably said “give me that sangria” and not “sweet young bride”, but I felt 100% myself and the unique neckline slayed in pics. BUT BONUS, if you are not getting married, these are all great options for being a guest too (obviously, since none of them are white!). Enjoy!
1. Nicholas Bellflower, $675: STUNNING. I want this dress, but probably best for those with a smaller chest. Also seems comfortable for dancing – the range of motion with that skirt is tops.
2. Amanda Uprichard Parker Dress, $202: Imagine this with some nude strappy sandals and a long delicate necklace. A love a blush colored dress, modern, but still classic. (PS it also comes in ivory if you DO want to go bridal.)
3. Bec and Bridge Parallel Halter Dress, $189: This is super similar to what I wore, so obviously I’m partial to it. I just love how interesting the neckline is, it looks great in pictures. Statement earring would be a perfect pairing.
4. Cinq a Sept Off the Shoulder Dress, $150-$385 (cost based on color, comes in black, mulberry, navy and green), with a little googling you can definitely find it on the cheaper end. I have tried on this dress before and it’s a knock out in person but does run a size small.
5. ASTR The Label Lace Midi Dress, $88: The lace cut outs are so sweet, yet sexy.
6. NSR Fit and Flare Dress, $88: If you can pull off orange, you are a unicorn but more importantly this dress is maybe for you.
7. Asos Off The Shoulder Bardot, $110: Just in looking for these dresses I might have bought this one. The color and that neckline at that price! A must. Here’s a pale pink version from Eliza J, $178.
8. Adrianna Papell Ruffle-Hem Dress, $160; Just so darling and fun!
9. Elizabeth and James Sierra Strapless, $425; Anything Elizabeth and James is to die for, and this is no exception. Their dresses are pricey, but made really well and in great fabrics tailored to fit perfectly and make you look super skinny. Plus Bloomie’s always has coupon codes floating around so don’t buy it full price!
10. Vince Camuto Jumpsuit, $150: A standout for those who want to forgo the dress. A classic jumpsuit is never out of style.